Library Workshops and Events
GIS Day 2022 WORKSHOP—Getting Started with ArcGIS Field Maps
Learn how to create spatial data in the field with ArcGIS Field Maps, an application that transforms your mobile device into a GIS workstation.
ArcGIS Field Maps is a powerful tool that allows you to easily create spatial data on the go with your mobile device. In the course of just an hour, this workshop will prepare you to bring ArcGIS Field Maps along on your next research project, create spatial data wherever you go, and add point, line, and polygon features to mark up your maps, even while you’re still in the field.
AFTER PARTICIPATING IN THIS WORKSHOP, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Use ArcGIS Online to configure a data collection environment for ArcGIS Field Maps
- Create spatial data with ArcGIS Field Maps
- Process data created in ArcGIS Field Maps with ArcGIS Online
- If you do not already have access to the campus GIS network, you will receive an invitation before the workshop. Please activate your account prior to the workshop.
- Participants are expected to bring a computer to the session.
- If able, please bring a smartphone with you to the session.
This session will be presented by one of the NFCDS Pedagogy Fellows. For more information about this program, please visit cds.library.nd.edu/nfcds-pedagogy-fellowship.
- Wednesday, November 16, 2022
- 10:00AM - 11:00AM
- Navari Family Center for Digital Scholarship // Hesburgh Library 2nd Floor // Classroom 246
- Jacob Swisher
- CDS | GIS Workshops