Library Workshops and Events
Hosting a Static Website on Github
With the provided Bootstrap 4 template, and tools like Bootstrapr.io for customizing it, creating a professional looking website has never been easier. With sites like GitHub, we can easily upload and host that website for free.
In this workshop, you’ll quickly build a very simple website (or bring your own) and learn how to use simple terminal commands to host it on Github for free.
- A basic working knowledge of HTML / CSS.
- A basic working knowledge of the command line interface (any Mac OS or Windows shell application).
- Learn to customize a pre-built template for an academic professional website.
- Learn to host a static website on Github Pages.
- Friday, November 18, 2022
- 1:00PM - 3:00PM
- 264 Hesburgh Library (Technology Commons)
- Randal Sean Harrison
- Website Development