Library Workshops and Events
Dissertation Camp: Winter Session 2021 - Half-day Afternoons 1/18/2021-1/22/2021
Winter Session Dissertation Camp Overview
Dissertation Camp offers a week of half-day of writing and research time. You are registering for five, daily, half-day virtual sessions.
Each session begins and ends with goal setting and goal assessment exercises to help frame the day and measure progress. Your goal is to practice the process of writing and research during the designated writing times and to build the habit of regularly assessing your progress and development. Camp availability is subject to change based on the pandemic status.
We will meet via Zoom by 1:00pm. You will be muted during work sessions or can request a breakout room using the Zoom chat feature.
Winter Session Camp Schedule
1:00pm-1:15pm – Goal setting and kick-off
- Identify an accountability partner
- Share daily goals and challenges you intend to address with your work
- Sign-ups for a 20-minute productivity or writing consultation with Abby Jorgensen from the University Writing Center will be made available to registrants. We will contact you with the link to select a time (limited number of time slots available).
1:15pm – 4:45pm Afternoon Work Session
Individual or small-group worktime
- Small online groups may request breakout rooms via chat within Zoom.
- Self-moderate breaks on your own during this time
4:45pm – Daily wrap up and plan next steps
Reconvene by 4:45pm
- Virtual breakout rooms will be automatically recalled
- Find your accountability partner and prepare for the discussion
- Create a notation in your dissertation log for where you should begin work at the time of your next research and writing session
Related LibGuide: Graduate Student Thesis & Dissertation and Senior Thesis Camp
Open to Graduate Students.
- Monday, January 18, 2021
- 1:00PM - 5:00PM
- Research and Writing Camps
VIRTUAL WORKSHOPS: a URL to join the Zoom session will be emailed to you approximately one hour before the workshop start time. To ensure access to the workshop from the virtual waiting room, your Zoom name should match the information provided when registering for the workshop.