Library Workshops and Events
HTML and CSS — Essential Training
NOTE: This session has filled. An encore session is available on Friday, February 15, from 1:00-3:00pm. Please register for that session unless you prefer to be on the waitlist for the February 8 session.
Session Description: For those who use the Web to communicate with others professionally, a basic familiarity with HTML and CSS can improve the clarity, efficiency, and effectiveness of your communication and design. Even for those who don’t intend to become die-hard coders, a fundamental understanding of HTML and CSS will help you better understand the workings of the contemporary internet and to better style content in platforms that allow added styling (e.g., Sakai). In this hands-on workshop, we will dive immediately into building webpages, favoring coding over theory.
- No previous experience with HTML or CSS is necessary
- Learn the foundations of HTML, including the primary HTML elements and the box model
- Learn the foundations of CSS, including classes, IDs, and external-, embedded-, and inline styles
- Friday, February 8, 2019
- 1:00PM - 3:00PM
- 220 Computer Classroom // Collaboration Hub // Hesburgh Library 2nd Floor
- Randal Sean Harrison
- Libraries Professional Development Workshop