Library Workshops and Events
Making a Map in R
This workshop will cover some basics of map making with R.
We will cover a brief introduction to cartography, key libraries for map making (tmap and leaflet), and common examples of making a static or interactive map.
NOTE: The materials used in this workshop are self-contained; however, particpants are recommended to refer to materials for the earlier Introduction to Geospatial R session if unfamiliar with particular concepts about geographic data.
AFTER COMPLETING THIS WORKSHOP, PARTICIPANTS WILL:
- Be familiar with general concepts related to map making.
- Know how to make a static map with tmap and an interactive map with leaflet.
- Feel comfortable presenting and communicating findings of geospatial-related research.
- Be able to find the resources needed to make more professional-looking maps.
- Please bring your laptop with R installed.
- Participants are expected to be comfortable working in the R programming language.
- This workshop is designed for participants with basic concepts about geographic data.
This session will be presented by one of the NFCDS Pedagogy Fellows. For more information about this program, please visit cds.library.nd.edu/nfcds-pedagogy-fellowship.
- Tuesday, April 11, 2023
- 5:00PM - 6:00PM
- Navari Family Center for Digital Scholarship // Hesburgh Library 2nd Floor // Consultation Room 247
- Shuyue Li
- CDS | GIS Workshops
Hesburgh Library–2nd Floor NE
|Julie C. Vecchio '04, MPH, MLIS